一些比较地道且好用的英语表达

大家对学英语这件事情一般都比较头大,我也不例外,没有语言环境确实是很难坚持,虽然多看美剧英剧能接触到很多不错的表达,但是看完后也很难记住,也不太会去使用。
这边将自己看剧时候,随手陆续抄下来的一些短语表达汇总起来,方便有需要的朋友收藏。
I don't like to butt into your affairs. 我不想插手你的事。
... be a dime a dozen 什么什么多了去了(形容很多很多)
get over these pre-coup jitters. 克服这些紧张情绪。
I felt this instant sense of camaraderie with her. 我跟她一见如故。
we were connected at the hip. 我们关系好得能穿一条裤子。
patch things up 修复(关系,与人的关系 人际)
has always been about flash 某人一直引人注目。
this could be my big break! 我可能要火了!
need to push the envelope with him. 挑战他的极限
to enjoy with no strings attached 无忧无虑地享用
you think you have me cornered. 你站在我的角度想
to blow the lid off sth. 揭发一些事情(丑闻)
see potential in me 看到我的潜力
it blew off my skull 它占据了我的大脑
I'll make you a binder. 我向你保证
Bill's off the rails. 比尔疯了。(字面意思比尔脱轨了,言下之意就是疯了) 类似的还有: go bananas = drive me crazy drive the teacher bananas. 把老师逼疯
get them to tone it down a bit 让他们稍微收敛一点
to hang out in the alley 在巷子里闲逛
take your place in line 排好你的队伍
It will fall out of style 快过时了
They've got me over a barrel 他们把我逼上绝境了
to disappear from the face of the earth 销声匿迹
I would definitely love the help 我很感激你的好意
That's really philosophical of you 你很有哲理啊
It's gonna be a blowout ! 它会超乎想象!
... and no mumbo jumbo. 不要胡说 (把否定去掉 mumbo jumbo 就是胡说八道的意思了)
didn't mean to spoil the mood 不是要故意破坏气氛
I look forward to the trip. Until then, I'm going to live on a shoestring and save as much as I can. 我很期待旅行,在之前,我要勒紧裤腰带并尽可能多的存钱。
- END -
-
gone*回不去的是故乡 赞了这篇日记 2022-07-02 11:48:00
-
Orangerie 赞了这篇日记 2022-07-02 00:43:59