老爸老妈浪漫史学习笔记——HIMYM S01EP13
![]() |
1. Kids,in life there are a lot of big romantic moments.And they make life worth living.but here's the problem:Moments pass,and lurking just around the corner from those moments is a cruel,unshaven bastard named reality.
# make sth worth doing让什么值得做
# lurking just around the corner潜伏在附近角落
# wish there was something I could do希望我能做些什么
2. This was finally supposed to be my big moment with Robin.But then reality came along.
# 本应该是...但现实出现总是残酷的
# It was her big break这是她的重大突破转折
# Then, when I least expected it...当我抱有最小希望,或不抱希望时
# I'm guessing you haven't always had this rule.你并不总是坚持这个原则
# …I'm not gonna lie to you,big time thunderbolt['θʌndəbəult](霹雳)我不是骗你,真的太惊艳厉害了
3. You should see me tap dance.You'd be down on bended knee.
# 你应该看我跳踢踏舞,你会佩服得五体投地
# Sadly not out of character的确我可能那样做
# it's just a mirage[mɪ'rɑːʒ]只是个幻想
# I'm not putting the moves on you.对你采取下一步行动 make a move on me开始行动追我
# …Interested.别人说完一个提议或想法,然后你让别人继续说,用这个表示:我很感兴趣,继续说
# And to preface this,we’re not gonna…话先说在前头
4.Tonight we will make a memory that will never be tarnished.
# tarnished失去光泽,变灰暗
# And then...when we're old and gray,we'll look back on this night当我们双鬓白发时回忆今晚
# ok, i’m in.好,来吧,干吧
# there's no way to ruin it.没有方法可以毁掉那晚
# That cake really got to you,huh?那蛋糕真让你不能释怀欲罢不能了是吧
# It haunts me.它挥之不去,忘不了它,可以表特别喜欢那个,也表太大打击不能忘记
5.The best part of any first kiss is the lead-up to it. The moment right before the lips touch.
# the lead-up to it什么的事的前戏,做什么之前的时刻
# we just stick with the drumroll停在保持在鼓声想起那刻
# Ground rules have been established.原则已经确立了
# perform sth solo独自干什么
# we'll need a diversion要一个转移视线的事情
# It's such an evil tradition很不好的传统
# "crawl for it,bitches!”爬过去抢吧,贱人们
6.we connected on every level
# 我们各层面都很有默契合得来
# So let's get to work,man.开始行动吧
# No,Ted,you don't mess with a honeymoon.别,不要去搅和别人的蜜月
# beautiful toast,touching stuff.美酒,各种感人
# you have got to be freaking kidding me!你该不会逗老娘玩呢 I'll never get to see it.将不会干嘛
# and now,you're over her?现在怎么,你就不在乎他了?
7. lucky for you,I know that guest list backwards and forwards.
# 算你走运,我能把名单倒背如流
# Did you happen to get her phone number?你有没有机会happen to偶然拿到他电话
# come on,Barney,it's for a good cause有正当理由
# Sorry,buddy,I wish I could help you, my hands are tied希望能帮你,但我无能为力
# I'm ready to be proven wrong.我准备推翻原来我的说法
# just get it做吧,接吧
8. First thing that comes into your mind.
# 第一个到你脑海的想法
# I won't be able to stay over不能过夜
# but,yeah,sure,I'd love to.但是,好吧,我很乐意
# How was it?前面提的那个事怎么样
# I felt really bad bailing on Ted,though.对某人失约,放鸽子,stand sb up
# man,it's gross.天啊,太不好了
# Happiness is not that difficult!幸福不是那么困难的
# sth is nothing but sth什么东西只是真是什么
9. all day long you been busting my apple bag about finding this girl.
# 一整天你都在鼓励我做什么
# sucky memory很烂戳的记忆
# Close your eyes,and count to five闭眼数到五
10. I mean,so many things go wrong in life,but this is the one thing that never will.
# 很多事在我们一生中会变得不好不尽人意,但这个永远不会