今天在纽约the Bronx的Gramsci Monument参加了一个关于Alain Badiou的讲座，哲学家Marcus围绕"Why Alain Badiou?"给出了如下十三个解释。我的水平在理解各种英文术语上还有待提高，讲座听完依然云里雾里，所以欢迎大家一起探讨
Why Alain Badiou?
1. Because Badiou is insisting of the necessity to "live with an idea"
2. Because to live with an idea implies a seltransgression of the subject towards the unknown.
3. Because the unknown appears an event in Badious ontology as something that disturbs & corrupts the order of facts.
4. Because the corruption of the system of facts is the very moment of truth.
5. Because Badiou makes a distinction between knowledge & truth.
6. Because this distinction is the distinction symbolic-real.
7. Because the affirmation of this distinction is the affirmation of the emergence of something new.
8. Because to insist on the possibility of the impossible, of an event, already means to insist on it as the "creation of new possibilities".
9. Because Badious ethics of the real is an ethics of the new.
10. Because such an ethics demands the transgression of the status quo of the subjects situation within the immanence of the one world.
11. Because Badiou renews the communist hypothesis under the conditions of today.
12. Because his philosophical militantism for truth implies the fight against all forms of esoterics & obscurantism,
13. Because he makes out of the human subject an active placeholder of a possible truth.