回应: I am on my way

加入小组后即可参加投票
  • 叶自飘林

叶自飘林 (最该怜惜的是自己~) 2013-04-11 06:05:12

This precious vessel was now placed on my knee , and i was cordially invited to eat the circlet of delicate pastry upon it 此刻,这只珍贵的器皿就搁在我膝头上,我还受到热诚邀请,品尝器皿里一小圈精美的糕点。

• 叶自飘林

叶自飘林 (最该怜惜的是自己~) 2013-04-11 10:33:36

He had a hard featured yet good natured looking face 他的面相既严厉而又温厚

• 叶自飘林

叶自飘林 (最该怜惜的是自己~) 2013-04-12 16:46:34

There was a light in the porter's lodge: when we reached it, we found the porter's wife just kindling her fire: my trunk, which had been carried down the evening before, stood corded at the door. 到了那里,只见他妻子正在生火。 前一天晚上我的箱子就已经拿下楼,捆好绳子放在门边。 2.It wanted but a few minutes of six , and shortly after that hour had struck , the distant roll of wheels announced the coming coach ; i went to the door and watched its lamps approach rapidly through the gloom 这时离六点还差几分。不一会钟响了,远处传来辚辚的车声,宣告马车已经到来。我走到门边,凝望着车灯迅速冲破黑暗,渐渐靠近。 I was carried into an inn , where the guard wanted me to have some dinner ; but , as i had no appetite , he left me in an immense room with a fireplace at each end , a chandelier pendent from the ceiling , and a little red gallery high up against the wall filled with musical instruments 我被带进一家客找,护车人要我吃些中饭,我却没有胃口,他便扔下我走了,让我留在个巨大无比的房间里,房间的两头都有一个火炉,天花板上悬挂着一盏枝形吊灯,高高的墙上有一个小小的红色陈列窗,里面放满了乐器。 we came upon the hum of many voices , and presently entered a wide , long room , with great deal tables , two at each end , 后来我们突然听到嗡嗡的嘈杂的人声,顷刻之间便走进了一个又阔又长的房间,两头各摆着两张大木板桌。 there was a basin at liberty , which did not occur soon , as there was but one basin to six girls , on the stands down the middle of the room 因为六个姑娘才合一个脸盆,摆在楼下房间正中的架子上。 When it subsided , i saw them all drawn up in four semicircles , before four chairs , placed at the four tables ; all held books in their hands , and a great book , like a bible , lay on each table , before the vacant seat 喧闹声平息下来之后,我看到她们排成了四个半园形,站在四把椅子前面,这四把椅子分别放在四张桌子旁边。每人手里都拿着书,有一本圣经模样的大书,搁在空椅子跟前的每张桌子上。

• 叶自飘林

叶自飘林 (最该怜惜的是自己~) 2013-04-13 19:05:57

The garden was a wide enclosure , surrounded with walls so high as to exclude every glimpse of prospect ; a covered verandah ran down one side , and broad walks bordered a middle space divided into scores of little beds : these beds were assigned as gardens for the pupils to cultivate , and each bed had an owner . when full of flowers they would doubtless look pretty ; but now , at the latter end of january , all was wintry blight and brown decay 一边有条带顶的回廓,还有些宽阔的走道,与中间的一块地相接,这块地被分割成几十个小小的苗圃,算是花园,分配给学生们培植花草,每个苗圃都有一个主人,鲜花怒放时节,这些苗圃一定十分标致,但眼下一月将尽,一片冬日枯黄凋零的景象。 looked round the convent - like garden , and then up at the house - a large building , half of which seemed grey and old , the other half quite new 我朝四周看了看修道院一般的花园,又抬头看了看建筑。这是幢大楼,一半似乎灰暗古旧,另一半却很新。 The new part , containing the schoolroom and dormitory , was lit by mullioned and latticed windows , which gave it a church - like aspect ; a stone tablet over the door bore this inscription - 新的一半里安排了教室和寝室,直棂格子窗里灯火通明,颇有教堂气派。门上有一块石头牌子,上面刻着这样的文字: Her sight seems turned in,gone down into her heart. 她的目光似乎是向内的,直视自己的心扉 Before the long hour and a half of prayers and Bible-reading was over, I felt ready to perish with cold. chapter 6 一个半小时的祷告和圣经诵读还没结束,我已觉得快要冻死了。 but one class still stood round Miss Scatcherd’s chair reading, and as all was quiet, the subject of their lessons could be heard, together with the manner in which each girl acquitted herself 四周鸦雀无声,所以听得见她们功课的内容,也听得见每个姑娘读得怎样 till she dismissed me, I could not pursue my observations on Miss Scatcherd’s movements. 直到她打发我走,我才有可能进一步观察斯卡查德小姐的行动。 not a feature of her pensive face altered its ordinary expression. 她那忧郁的面容毫不改色,依然保持着平日的表情 I wandered as usual among the forms and tables and laughing groups without a companion, yet not feeling lonely 我照例在长凳、桌子和笑声不绝的人群中间穿来穿去,虽然无人作伴,倒也并不寂寞。

• 叶自飘林

叶自飘林 (最该怜惜的是自己~) 2013-04-14 05:52:46

以为周围的耳语声,是我家附近流过深谷那条小溪源源的水声, the noises I hear round me are the bubbling of a little brook which runs through Deepden, and I thought what a pity it was that, with his integrity and conscientiousness, he could see no farther than the prerogatives of the crown. If he had but been able to look to a distance, and see how what they call the spirit of the age was tending! 那么正直真诚的人竟看不到皇权以外的东西。要是他能看得远些,看清了所谓时代精神的走向该多好!

• 叶自飘林

叶自飘林 (最该怜惜的是自己~) 2013-04-25 17:27:38

I discovered , too , that a great pleasure , an enjoyment which the horizon only bounded , lay all outside the high and spike - guarded walls of our garden : this pleasure consisted in prospect of noble summits girdling a great hill - hollow , rich in verdure and shadow ; in a bright beck , full of dark stones and sparkling eddies 我还发现,就在顶端用尖铁防范着的花园高墙之外,有着一种莫大的愉快和享受,它广阔无垠,直达天际,那种愉快来自宏伟的山峰环抱着的一个树木葱笼绿荫盖地的大山谷也来自满是黑色石子和闪光漩涡的明净溪流。 ❤注:noble有宏伟的意思 How different had this scene looked when i viewed it laid out beneath the iron sky of winter , stiffened in frost , shrouded with snow ! - when mists as chill as death wandered to the impulse of east winds along those purple peaks , and rolled down ing and holm till they blended with the frozen fog of the beck 这景色与我在冬日铁灰色的苍穹下,冰霜封冻积雪覆盖时看到的情景多么不同呀!那时候,死一般冷的雾气被东风驱赶着,飘过紫色的山峰,滚下草地与河滩,直至与溪流上凝结的水气融为一体。 ❤那个ing词是草地么,根据注解是的,可是字典上根本查不到 And had it not been otherwise,no one had leisure to watch or restrain them 就是不这样,也无人顾得上去看管她们了。

• 叶自飘林

叶自飘林 (最该怜惜的是自己~) 2013-04-30 11:24:47

The impulse of gratitude swelled my heart, and I knelt down at the bedside, and offered up thanks where thanks were due; not forgetting, ere I rose, to implore aid on my further path, and the power of meriting the kindness which seemed so frankly offered me before it was earned. 我跪在床边开始祈祷,表示了理所应当的感恩,在站起来之前,并未忘记祈求在前路上赐予帮助与力量,使我配得上还没有付出努力就坦率地授与我的那份厚意。

<前页 1 2 后页>

你的回应

回应请先 , 或 注册

13151 人聚集在这个小组
↑回顶部