1. Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, not local people. Why? What can be done to attract local people?
1. Some people think traffic and housing problems in large cities can be solved by moving companies and factories and their employees to the countryside. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2. In many cities, planners tend to arrange shops, schools, offices, and homes in specific areas and separate them from each other. Do you think the advantages of this policy outweigh the disadvantages?
1. Nowadays people tend to travel long distance to work every day. What are the reasons and suggestions?
1. Shops should not be allowed to sell any food and drinks which are proved to be scientifically harmful for people's health. Do you agree or disagree?
1. Modern buildings change the character and appearance of towns and cities. The government should insist that new buildings be built in traditional styles to protect cultural identity. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Nowadays, older people who need employment have to compete with younger people/ What problems do this cause? And what are the solutions?
1.Some working parents believe children centres can provide best care for children, while others think of other family members like grandparents can do this job. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2. In some countries, there has been an increase in the number of parents who educate their children themselves at home instead of sending them to school. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
3.Many people believe that main aim for university education is help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit for individual and society. Discuss both view and give your opinion.
1. Nowadays more and more people are using cellphones and computers to communicate, so they are losing the ability to communicate with each other face to face. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement?
1. Many people are busy with work and do not have enough time to spend with families and friends. Why does this happen? What are the effects of this on family life and society as a whole?