Partner / Restaurant General Manager
Liuyishou Int'l Group (US) Inc. － Chicago
Liuyishou Hotpot was founded in 2000, which is a famous enterprise specializing in management of hot pot chain and franchisees. It began as a corner shop and expanded to become a giant international food group with over one thousand branches, covering 31 provinces in China, and many other places in the United States, Canada, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong etc. In 2014, Liuyishou chose the greater Vancouver area for our North America Head Office. In order to healthily expand and develop our North America market, we are now seeking an experienced Restaurant General Manager. This is permanent full-time position.
We are looking for a potential candidate as Partner with the Role as Restaurant General Manager of our new location in near future, who will contribute to the overall success of the company by operating the restaurant.
Restaurant General Manager Job Duties:
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing banking relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Restaurant General Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as Restaurant Management; experiences in Chinese Restaurant will be a good asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders (verbally and written) in English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Have analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, problem solving and execution skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and the ability to motivate people, assess and develop employees
- Other skills including: Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus·
We offer a competitive package, which includes Performance Bonuses, Medical & Dental Insurance and high tip income to the right candidate.
If you are interested in the Restaurant General Manager position and would like to join and grow with Liuyishou North America, we encourage you to send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Rita.email@example.com.