Job DescriptionThe Customer Service Representative is responsible for acting as a key contact to deliver consistent, high quality, complete world class customer service in support of our customers' needs. Excellent communication is required as well as a broadly thinking team player. He/she will be able to work efficiently in a high pressure environment and remain calm in any circumstances. The position requires a solid understanding of business needs.
Profound knowledge of domestic and international shipping requirements·
Profound knowledge of international shipping documents and why they are required·
Profound knowledge of country specific requirements ·
Profound knowledge of Letter of Credit
- Order entry, shipping and invoicing
- Handle incoming calls or inquiries from prospective customers or clients
- Transfer customer calls to appropriate staff
- Provide customers with general product and service information.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve customer issues using the database/ERP system, including complaint registration and follow-up in SF.com
- Follow-up on outstanding customer inquires
- Assist customers effectively by solving customer disputes
- Completing supporting paperwork
· Interface with logistics service providers to ensure seamless shipping and delivery to customers.
· In the case of new customers, closely interface with logistics service providers to make sure all is in place to have smooth shipment.
Information required for smooth transition are : determine shipping company, best applicable incoterm, route/leadtime etc·
Reporting (end of month/OTTR)
- Set-up of new customers in SAP and update existing records where needed
- Research billing issues
- Issuing credit and debit notes
- Assist sales and marketing with sample dispatch
- General administrative support (sending out invoices, filling in document templates, …)
- Keep records of customer interactions (for instance, by using Services for Object)
· Process documentary credit orders (L/C, D/A, CAD etc.), review and coordinate related documentation using the online tool provided by the bank· Contact banks, authorities, consulates, concerning export and import completion or status of documents·
Request for material set-up
- Extracting customer specific data to assist sales
- Providing data required for commercial decisions (such as VAT, duty, incoterms)
· Maintain on-time delivery and reason codes· Foster relationships with internal and external customers· Be the prime contact for audit related queries
Skills:You have a Bachelor's degree or you are equivalent by experience. • You have at least 5 years customer service experience.
You speak English fluently. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
• You have experience in international order processing and logistics required: i.e. the document-flow for international orders, documentary credits, international shipping documents, export and import regulations.
• You are familiar with Incoterms.
• You have skills with good PC the willingness to learn new programs. Experience with SAP or other ERP systems is preferred.
• You are a strong team player, open to feedback.
• You have strong interpersonal communication skills and are highly customer focused and responsive.
• You work proactively and organized.
• You are stress resistant and positively minded.
• You are a motivated and flexible person capable of taking initiative.
• You have attention to detail.