The Customer Service Representative is responsible for acting as a key contact to deliver consistent, high quality, complete world class customer service in support of our customers' needs.
Excellent communication is required as well as a broadly thinking team player. He/she will be able to work efficiently in a high pressure environment and remain calm in any circumstances. The position requires a solid understanding of business needs.
· Profound knowledge of domestic and international shipping requirements
· Profound knowledge of international shipping documents and why they are required
· Profound knowledge of country specific requirements
· Profound knowledge of Letter of Credit
- Order entry, shipping and invoicing
- Handle incoming calls or inquiries from prospective customers or clients
- Transfer customer calls to appropriate staff
- Provide customers with general product and service information.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve customer issues using the database/ERP system, including complaint registration and follow-up in SF.com
- Follow-up on outstanding customer inquires
- Assist customers effectively by solving customer disputes
- Completing supporting paperwork
· Interface with logistics service providers to ensure seamless shipping and delivery to customers.
· In the case of new customers, closely interface with logistics service providers to make sure all is in place to have smooth shipment. Information required for smooth transition are : determine shipping company, best applicable incoterm, route/leadtime etc
· Reporting (end of month/OTTR)
- Set-up of new customers in SAP and update existing records where needed
- Research billing issues
- Issuing credit and debit notes
- Assist sales and marketing with sample dispatch
- General administrative support (sending out invoices, filling in document templates, …)
- Keep records of customer interactions (for instance, by using Services for Object)
· Process documentary credit orders (L/C, D/A, CAD etc.), review and coordinate related documentation using the online tool provided by the bank
· Contact banks, authorities, consulates, concerning export and import completion or status of documents
· Request for material set-up
- Extracting customer specific data to assist sales
- Providing data required for commercial decisions (such as VAT, duty, incoterms)
· Maintain on-time delivery and reason codes
· Foster relationships with internal and external customers
· Be the prime contact for audit related queries
You have a Bachelor's degree or you are equivalent by experience.
• You have at least 5 years customer service experience.
You speak English fluently. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
• You have experience in international order processing and logistics required: i.e. the document-flow for international orders, documentary credits, international shipping documents, export and import regulations.
• You are familiar with Incoterms.
• You have skills with good PC the willingness to learn new programs. Experience with SAP or other ERP systems is preferred.
• You are a strong team player, open to feedback.
• You have strong interpersonal communication skills and are highly customer focused and responsive.
• You work proactively and organized.
• You are stress resistant and positively minded.
• You are a motivated and flexible person capable of taking initiative.
• You have attention to detail.