Vacancy: Communication and Social Media Officer
The Consulate General of Sweden in Shanghai is recruiting a locally employed full-time communication officer.
The Consulate General represents Sweden in Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Anhui, and works to promote Swedish interests and facilitate exchange between Sweden and Eastern China. The Consulate has 18 staff and is now recruiting a locally employed officer with a portfolio including communication, social media and nation branding.
The Communication and Social Media Officer will play a key role in promoting Sweden’s messages in Eastern China.
This person will be part of the Consulate’s promotion team and work closely with the Head of Culture and Communication.
The successful candidate needs the skill set to engage a broad target audience both online and offline. The candidate needs a proven track record in social media and media relations. Good team working and communication skills are essential.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Strengthen the image of Sweden among various target groups via the channels of Chinese media, social media and the Consulate’s digital platforms.
- Manage and create content for the Consulate’s digital platforms, including the official webpage in Chinese and social media accounts, especially the WeChat account.
- Work with the Head of Culture and Communication to plan and implement press activities, social media campaigns and communication projects to promote Sweden in East China.
- Support the Head of Culture and Communication in projects of the area of cultural, social, creative industry promotion.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- University degree in communication, journalism, public relations, cultural studies or a related discipline OR an acceptable combination of education, training and work experience in the field relevant to the position
- Excellent writing skills in Chinese
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Work experience in communication and social media
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize your own workload
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Work experience in journalism
- Work experience of managing official WeChat accounts
- Work experience of organizing public relations events or campaigns
- Photo editing and graphic design skills
- Knowledge about Swedish society, culture, language and government
The employee will be subject to a probation period.
Start date: August 2017.
Please submit your application, CV and salary claim to the Consulate General no later than June 7, 2017. List the names and contact details of three persons who can recommend you.
Submit your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please Fredrik Uddenfeldt, Consul, at fredrik.uddenfeldt[at]gov.se
Read more about the Consulate General on http://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/Shanghai/